Dual Contained Hose – Flexible
Protectaflex is the next-generation dual containment hose system, offering all the benefits of existing products but in a smaller, lighter, and more manageable format. Due to its lighter weight & reduced packaging, Protectaflex offers a significant reduction in shipping weight, lowering your carbon footprint. The durable PU outer is UV stable and offers excellent clarity for visual inspection.
Inner hoses are available in reinforced PVC, LDPE, and PTFE.
Features & Benefits
• Lower cost than traditional hose-in-hose systems.
• Lower shipping and storage costs. Up to 48% lighter than traditional hose-in-hose systems.
• Better flexibility and lower bend radius.
• Easier to handle and easier to install than current dual-contained products.
• Fittings can be swaged on, offering a comprehensive coupling, eliminating the risks of clips and the need for expensive bespoke dual-contained fittings. Only one standard hose tail fitting is required per end.
• Reduced packaging and fully recyclable resulting in a lower carbon footprint.
• System designed catch pots that enable the outer containment to be terminated inside the catch pot.
• Ideal for temporary lines as no catch pot is required.
• Potential to have a continuous run of inner dosing hose even with a catch pot.
• In tests the PU outer did not distort when the inner hose burst
• All the advantages of the Protectaflex product with the added benefit of a leak detection system.
• Know the minute your dosing system has any problems.
This hose offers all the obvious advantages of the Protectaflex product with the added benefit of a leak detection system. It has been developed for the chemical dosing market to further reduce environmental leakage risk and is approved by major UK water and wastewater treatment companies.
If you want to know the minute your dosing system has any problems this is the hose for you. PF Detect will sound an alarm, send a signal to switch off your dosing pump, and give you the chance to get your reserve line working within seconds of a hose failure.
The fear of aggressive chemicals getting out into the environment, due to undetected leaks, was the reason behind the development of dual containment hoses. With PF Detect this fear can be almost eradicated! The leak detection system only requires a minimal amount of liquid to trigger the alarm and shut off procedure, with the leaked liquid contained by the versatile polyurethane jacket.
With attractive per meter costs and the potential to forego the expense of catch pots, PF Detect really offers anyone who wishes to save money, without cutting corners, a most exciting opportunity to put in the very latest system available.
Features & Benefits
• Hoses can be wired directly into the rig or SCADA for instant shut-off and alarm.
• Immediate visual and audible alarm once the system is triggered by either chemical leak or system cable failure (when used in conjunction with alarm box).
• Alarms not reliant on chemicals having to reach detection points or catchpots.
• Due to minimal leak potential PF Detect can eliminate the need for mid-point catch pots.
• Reduced risk of environmental exposure as a chemical escape is minimised and contained.
• With no excess of chemicals to clear up in outer containment hoses, clean-ups and replacement of hoses are quicker and safer.
• Lightweight and reduced size, hence lower carriage and packaging costs.
• Works with cost-effective and readily available fitting.
• Choice of inner tubes.
• Each hose can be supplied, the circuit tested, and certified prior to dispatch with the point of application end assembled.
• Supplied with simple to use inlet end assembly kit containing shrink connectors and connecting cable and an outlet kit containing shrink connectors and resistor pack.
• Available with optional alarm box - one alarm box will take up to six hoses.
Here is a link to video showing principle of dual contained chemical dosing hose